FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony f65 4k files

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
Sony f65 4k files
on Aug 6, 2012 at 10:52:32 pm

Hello,

I was wondering if you could tell me how 4k Sony f65 files would run on my computer. I have a mac pro with the raedon 5770 card for the gui, a decklink card, and I need another card for the GPU. I only have the MacPro and not an expander chasis. From looking at the config guide for Resolve 9, it looks like GTX 570 would be the best (fastest) option? Would I then output video at the half-res proxy, is that correct? I have a red rocket card, but I'm guess that only works for r3d files.

Thank you for your time.

Return to posts index

Chris Armstrong
Re: Sony f65 4k files
on Aug 7, 2012 at 12:37:01 am

The RED Rocket only works on RED footage.

I would go for a GTX 580 if you can swing it. I get 24fps on fully debayered F65 material with 4-5 nodes of blur on a 12 Mac Pro using a single GTX580.

Though, the realty is the fps you see are more dependent on your CPU decoding power then the GPU in this case. Having a 580 will just allow you to process more nodes in realtime.

Elysian Pictures Production Company
RED Epic & RED One Rentals

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Aug 7, 2012 at 1:11:53 am

F65 debayering is handled in GPU in Resolve, not CPU. :-)

That said more GPUs more performance.I'd recommend a Cubix if you're doing a lot of f65 work.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

William Edwards
on Aug 7, 2012 at 1:54:28 am

Just this one project, but it would be nice to have this available for the future. I'm assuming that I would do a 1/2 res proxy of the video, especially because my monitor is 1920x1080, correct?

I would do the cubix for sure, but as we're not doing that much 4k work it's not economical.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]