FORUMS: list search recent posts

Macbook Pro Retina and Davinci Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Fromstein
Macbook Pro Retina and Davinci Resolve
on Aug 6, 2012 at 1:58:19 am

is anyone else having stability problems running Resolve 9 on Macbook Pro Retina?
Resolve 9 crashes almost 80% of the time when I try to open a new project. When I finally get it open, I have to keep working and saving because it randomly crashes after that. And it crashes 100% of the time if Im trying to load an XML file from FCP or Premiere Pro. FRUSTRATING!

I tried using the latex version of Resolve 8 (8.2.2 i think) and it wont even run on the NVidia GT 650. tells me my memory is maxed out.

Sounds like a memory problem with the card--I do have the latest CUDA drivers, so its not that.

Any thoughts/advice would be much appreciated!

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Macbook Pro Retina and Davinci Resolve
on Aug 6, 2012 at 9:14:47 am

See this thread:

http://forums.creativecow.net/readpost/277/19200

specifically this step:

3. You might need to toggle the display scaling to 1440x900, and back to 1920x1200 if you get out of GPU memory errors. This clears away the GPU memory for CUDA use.

If you run other OpenCL apps, you will have to re-run this step to clear up the GPU memory.

Return to posts index

John Fromstein
on Aug 7, 2012 at 2:50:51 am

Tried this but still no dice. Spoke with BMD this morning and they confirmed that it's a bug they hope to fix in the next update. Definately an issue.

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Aug 7, 2012 at 5:48:26 am

Hi John,

If you seeing issues even after switch the display scaling to retina and back to 1920x1200 immediately before launching Resolve, could you please capture logs and send it to davincihelp (at) blackmagicdesign.com

Also, please make sure you are not running any apps in the background, Safari (flash), FCP X, etc.

Regards,
Rohit

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]