FORUMS: list search recent posts

Splitting a DPX sequence with an EDL

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tero Ahlfors
Splitting a DPX sequence with an EDL
on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:41:46 pm

I have a 45 minute tv-show as a DPX sequence and I also have an Final Cut Pro EDL that is made for that. I can link it in Lustre with zero problems and now I tried if I could do it in Resolve Lite. It's a 25fps show and the footage and EDL timecodes start at 09:59:59:00. When I try to split it with the EDL in Resolve I just get two clips from completely different parts the sequence. Now I tried to make a test clip at home with a simple 3 shot sequence and I just get a part from the middle of the sequence that doesn't line up with any of the cuts.

Am I missing some setting or is this just a "beta" feature? It didn't work in 8.2 and it doesn't work in 9.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Splitting a DPX sequence with an EDL
on Aug 3, 2012 at 4:55:44 pm

Conforming "flattened" media is something that daVinci has done since it was "Renaissance", and we were doing tape2tape.

Try consulting the new (excellently-detailed) V9 manual from about page 156 -- "Preconforming "Flat" Media Files to EDLs" and see if there is any help there. If it assists you in succeeding, you should send some flowers and chocolates to the guy on page 19.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: Splitting a DPX sequence with an EDL
on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:35:48 pm

Splitting didn't work, but making a timeline did. EXCEPT there's a bit in the manual that might be wrong. It reads: "Open the Conform page, Right-click the Timelines list, and choose Import > AAF/EDL/
XML". This didn't work, but I tried that import pre-conformed EDL-option and it worked straight away.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]