FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve - installing the 2nd card to a Win7 PC - understanding configuration guide

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Howard
Resolve - installing the 2nd card to a Win7 PC - understanding configuration guide
on Jul 22, 2012 at 2:07:08 am

Just tryng to understand a little more about the configuration guide for Windows 7 and Resolve.

I have a Quadro FX3800 running Adobe CS6 ( perfectly) as well as a BM Decklink SDI card ( perfect as well).

To run Resolve Lite (for HD exclusively). ..do I just need to add any of the recommended cuda cards to a suitable slot?

Does this mean that the Nvidia Driver (latest) runs both cards for their different purposes ( GUI and Processing).

I also assume that the card that does the processing function is not connected to anything else??? (or does it need configuring in that way)

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Sorry - this is outdated info ( will update ASP)

Adobe CS3 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows XP32:Assus P5k Mob,4mb Ram, 1333 fsb
P2 Workflows

Return to posts index

Dmitry Kitsov
Re: Resolve - installing the 2nd card to a Win7 PC - understanding configuration guide
on Jul 22, 2012 at 2:26:47 am

At a certain point I had one of the processing cards I have connected to a second monitor. While the about screen would say that I only had 1 gpu the gpu monitoring utility would show that all three were used during resolve sessions.

Return to posts index

Sascha Haber
Re: Resolve - installing the 2nd card to a Win7 PC - understanding configuration guide
on Jul 23, 2012 at 9:14:04 pm

Get yourself any GTX gaming card that fits your power configuration..
It boosts your performance (as in nodes in realtime) by 10

A slice of color...

DaVinci 8.2.1 OSX 10.7.2
MacPro 5.1 2x2,4 24GB
RAID0 8TB
GTX 470 / Quadro 4000
Extreme 3D+

ICA Instructor
http://www.icolorist.com/Sascha.html

Return to posts index

Craig Howard
on Jul 24, 2012 at 1:56:59 am

Windows 7 PC 24GB

I have now installed a GTX670 4GB SC Card

I made the decision to install that as my Primary Card because Premiere uses the same card simultaneously for GUI and Video Processing. (unlike Resolve). I use Premiere more than Resolve.

By itself that improved Resolve perfomance although I still got the message that Resolve would "prefer" a second card.

I then re installed the FX3800 Quadro card without any connections and no additinal driver installs apart from what Windows supplied.

WEindows and Resolve recognised the 2 graphics adapters (no message).

So next step will be to get a higher performance GTX to replace the Quadro. ie.More cuda cores and more memory.

Craig Howard
Shooter Film Company
Auckland
New Zealand

Adobe CS6 Premiere Pro Production Premium Suite
Windows 7-64 bit:Assus P6T Deluxe Mob, 24 GB BM SDI Decklink, . HD Workflows

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jul 24, 2012 at 2:45:28 am

You can also wait for V9 as that has an option which provides much better performance with a single GPU.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]