FORUMS: list search recent posts

Z800 resolve GTX 690 test

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Glenn Collict
Z800 resolve GTX 690 test
on Jul 7, 2012 at 11:08:42 am

Hi guys,
I read the resolve forum quite a lot and this is my first post, so here goes...
Basically, I'm setting up a new resolve system on a Z800, originally it was going to have a Cubix and four GTX 580s, unfortunately, in the uk their like gold dust so I've started to look at other cuda cards. I spoke to black magic and apparently on the PC any Cuda card is compatable with resolve even if it's not Certified.

As far as I can see the 680s are about the same performance as the 580s just a little more expensive so I was thinking about getting them instead, but then I noticed the 590 and 690. In resolve, the 590 shows up as two separate GPUs, but both are slightly slower than a single 580 so Nvidia can fit them onto one card easier.
The interesting thing about the 690 is that it keeps the single GPU topology dispite having two 680s on board, the two GPUs are again slightly slower but the Clock boost feature closes that gap.
So in therory, this card should be a lot more powerful than a 580 and, I could have four in my cubix, resolve should see four GPUs, but I actually have eight.
Having said that I'm not going to think of this as a dual GPU card, Just a really powerful single GPU, as thats how resolve should see it.

So with that logic I've ordered one....

Just wondered if anyone agrees or if you can see any problems that may pop up.

I hope it works, those cards ain't cheep!

Glenn

Return to posts index

Alan Gordon
Re: Z800 resolve GTX 690 test
on Aug 2, 2012 at 2:25:03 am

Any results from the tests? I'm looking to do something similar.

Cheers,
-Alan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]