FORUMS: list search recent posts

AAF Clip Synch and Timeline issue

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bentley Atteberry
AAF Clip Synch and Timeline issue
on Jul 2, 2012 at 8:32:52 pm

Hi all,

I have been coming here for quite some time for help by reading threads related to my own issues. I have actually been fortunate enough to where all of the issues I have had in the past were already brought up by others and solved.

Anyways, this time is not the case.
I am having some pretty serious problems importing an AAF into Resolve. I do not get what is going on here with the AAF since i have done this multiple times (although usually XML) and never had an issue.

Here are some of the errors I am receiving...

The errors that I am not understanding here are the, "EventMobSlot is not supported in this release, object ignored,"the clip "" can not be linked "" because the timecode extents doesnt match."

I am aware of the other errors such as the effects and grades in avid not translating over. I just had those as quick primary grades for an initial draft to the client.

I also scrubbed through the timeline at the clips that are there and only 1 of them is in there properly. The others are showing other random parts of the clips.

This is really confusing me since I have used AAFs and XMLs in Resolve before without any issues.

All of the shots in the timeline are avid MXFs at 1080p23.976.

Heres a screen shot of the timeline. Some of the clips in the timeline show up as just black, where others show up black with an X through them,

Any help is much appreciated. Thank you in advance,

Bentley A.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: AAF Clip Synch and Timeline issue
on Jul 3, 2012 at 4:54:47 am

Is your sequence set to 23.976? The extents error is generally associated with mismatched frame rates. Also, are you doing any timewarps? If so, this might help. http://liftgammagain.com/forum/index.php?threads/avid-roundtrip-and-timewar...

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]