FORUMS: list search recent posts

JL Cooper setup

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Berg
JL Cooper setup
on Jun 26, 2012 at 4:03:37 am

Hello,

Can anyone help here? I am trying to get my JL Cooper Eclipse panel working with Resolve and not having much luck. I have the computer and the Eclipse both plugged into a ethernet router. I can see both have a connection light.

The computer sees the internet so I think we are good on that end. I have tried a bunch of different IP address, but none are working. I found the IP address of my computer and I am just changing the last 3 numbers to something similar. I made sure to restart the board and also to change the setting in the Resolve preferences.

I don't remember it being this hard before. Can anyone offer any tips here?

thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: JL Cooper setup
on Jun 26, 2012 at 4:28:32 am

You need to find the ip address of the JL Cooper... i believe it's "shift" + "assign" this will allow you to see the current address. You do need to read the eclipse manual and have an understanding of how IP works.

Additionally it says this in the Resolve manual:

If using a JLCooper Eclipse CX, follow the Eclipse
CX documentation to connect and configure it with
an Ethernet port on your Mac. Then launch Resolve,
use the Preferences to select the Eclipse CX panel
and click 'save'. If you have changed the IP address
or port from the default panel settings, enter the IP
address and port number for your panel and then
click 'save'. Restart the DaVinci Resolve application
and you will see the panel menus as soon as the
application starts.

Reading through the eclipse ethernet config guide might also help.

http://www.jlcooper.com/_downloads/eclipseseries/Eclipse_Ethernet_Software_...

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:01:47 am

Thanks Juan.

Yeah I have gone into that JL Cooper menu (yeah it is 'shift' + 'assign') and entered that IP info into Resolve. When that didn't work, I tried alternate IP addresses (and entered that info into the Resolve Preference box).

I have left it on the default port and also tried other ones. I have matched the Gateway and subnet mask to the same numbers my computer is set to.

The resolve is still not 'seeing' the panel. Any other tricks? Next was to try JL Cooper or Blackmagic to see if they have any ideas.

thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jun 26, 2012 at 5:57:11 am

You did set the ip and port, then restart resolve, correct?

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

Return to posts index

Paul Provost
on Jun 26, 2012 at 6:01:42 am

Have you tried just connecting the eclipse directly to port 1 of the Mac without router?

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:11:30 am

Hi guys,

I did setup the ip and port in Resolve and restarted the software (all after seting it up in the JL Cooper and restarting it).

I'm on a Windows machine actually (if it matters). I did try to connect to the PC but the PC didn't seem to give it an IP. I did read that I think it needs a cross-over cable for that type of setup, and I don't have one of those cables at this point.

I have setup a JL Cooper with a router (well an ethernet switch actually) and it seemed easier. I wonder what I could be missing. Does the setting in the JL Cooper actually set the IP address, or do I need to enter what the JL Cooper is actually getting assigned from the router?

thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:24:31 am

It actually does matter you're on a windows machine. You need to disable your firewall and make sure you have your network set to something recognized. Windows was probably blocking the port you were trying to use.

Colorist | Online Editor | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jun 26, 2012 at 7:26:39 am

Ok good idea. I think the network is set to 'work' (whatever that actually means). I'll check to see if the firewall could be blocking the port.

thanks!

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jul 3, 2012 at 7:56:42 pm

Just wanted to follow up on this thread that after taking with Blackmagic support. We got it working.

The issue was with how I was entering the IP address into the Resolve preferences page. I was matching the IP address that the JL Cooper had on it's display page, but I guess leading zeros can be a problem.

So for example I was entering 010.000.005.140

but I should have entered

I would think both would be the same, but they were not. Now that I entered the IP without the extra zeros, everything is working well now.

Hope this helps somebody in the future.

-Peter

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
on Jun 7, 2013 at 12:09:47 pm

thx man,

had the same issue!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]