FORUMS: list search recent posts

Windows configuaration with Asus P9X79

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Peter Berg
Windows configuaration with Asus P9X79
on Jun 19, 2012 at 10:41:22 pm

Hello,

I am working from the Blackmagic Windows Config guide. I bought the Asus P9X79 WS motherboard. I also bought the Decklink Studio card. In the config guide it doesn't specify where to put a decklink card. It mentions that the decklink needs a x4 slot. Does it really matter which slot I put the card into? I also have a red rocket to fit in there too. Any other hints to think about with this configuration?

thanks alot,
Peter

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
Graphics Drivers?
on Jun 20, 2012 at 1:03:09 am

Second follow up question. I know I need the Nvidia 280.26 driver for the GeForce GPU card. Does that same driver work for my GUI card (Nvidia Quadro 600)? Or do I need another driver for that card?

thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
Re: Windows configuaration with Asus P9X79
on Jun 20, 2012 at 6:21:50 am

We recommend using a USB 3 I/O card on that motherboard I think. Be careful where to place the cards as the speed of the PCI slots can drop if you populate other slots.

I think one of the slots in independent (after using the two PCI-E x16 slots for GUI and CUDA GPU), so you can use that for Rocket.

Refer to the motherboard manual for more details!

Return to posts index

Peter Berg
on Jun 20, 2012 at 7:10:07 am

Thanks Rohit! I will check to see which PCI-E slots are indepdent.

Can you comment regarding the nvidia drivers? The config guide talks about the GeForce GPU driver, but what about my Quadro GUI card? Should I use the latest nvidia driver for that one?

thanks,
Peter

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on Jun 20, 2012 at 9:11:40 am

Just use the one we say - it should work for both Quadro and GeForce.

Having said that, even the 3xx drivers seem to work alright, so if you are using any of the newer Geforce 6xx cards, you might need that.

Return to posts index

Pepijn Klijs
on Jul 9, 2012 at 12:35:50 pm

Hi Rohit,

You state here that the decklink card doesnt work with the recommended asus p9x79 pro motherboard, however I cannot find any info about this on the bmd site. Are you shure about this? I want to know cause Im really interested in buying the decklink for my resolve workstation and if I would a usb 3 device I cannot use it in another Mac system which would be a pitty.

Thanks
Pepijn

Editor/Colorist, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
http://www.pepijnklijs.nl

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]