FORUMS: list search recent posts

Proper Configuration List / Project set up

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Ruiz
Proper Configuration List / Project set up
on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:19:54 pm

Hi All

Can someone help me with a proper Configuration List / Project set up for Pro Res HQ 1080psf 23.98 / 23.976. I shoot primarily HDSLR and need help with determining a proper project set up.

Mac Pro
ATI 5770
NVIDIA 4000
BM DeckLink Extreme
JVC DT-V24L Broadcast Monitor via SDI

Attached is a current set up. Thanks For Everyones Help !

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Proper Configuration List / Project set up
on Jun 15, 2012 at 5:30:17 pm

Looks like you're good. Might want to modify your Video Monitor so you're at 23.98 there too.

Are you having some sort of problem?

Have you read through the manual with regards to project settings?

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Michael Ruiz
on Jun 15, 2012 at 5:48:43 pm

Thanks Juan !

I'm glad you responded. I went through the manual and wasn't quite sure on how Resolve handled the framerate playback. I'm reading the manual as often as I can. Some of the parameters / descriptions I'm not technically understanding, but I'm sure I'll learn.

Right now I have Playback framerate set to 24. Should it be 23.976 or stay with 24. Does it matter? I think this is my main question.

I'll change the Video Monitoring to HD 1080psf 23.98 like you suggested. That makes sense :)

No problems. I just wanted to be sure I create a proper Config List / Project set up.

Thanks a ton Juan !!

Return to posts index

Robert Houllahan
on Jun 16, 2012 at 7:29:01 pm

23.98 fps is what you want to use Michael I assume that you followed the BMD configuration guide as far as what cards go where in the Mac-Pro etc. You should be getting a green bar on the top of the viewer on the Resolve GUI on playback. Also i can email you the 2D LUT for the Panasonic 11UK Plasma on Monday when I am back from vacation.

-Rob=

Robert Houllahan
Director / Colorist
Cinelab Inc.
http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma. Light-Space CMS + Hubble

Return to posts index

Robert Houllahan
on Jun 16, 2012 at 7:33:35 pm

Also are you bringing an EDL in from FCP? There are a few different framerate settings in the setup page and I think the timeline playback has to match the framerate of your FCP project which is probably 23.98 (23.976) 24.00 fps is usually only for Film/Data originated projects that are going to DCI/Filmout.

-Rob-

Robert Houllahan
Director / Colorist
Cinelab Inc.
http://www.cinelab.com

MAHC-PRO 6-Core 3X GTX285 20Tb SAS Wave Panel Panny 11UK SDI Plasma. Light-Space CMS + Hubble

Return to posts index

Michael Ruiz
on Jun 18, 2012 at 4:34:30 pm

Thanks Rob !!

Lets chat today or tomorrow if you have a chance. I appreciate you responding to this post.

Call me when you get a chance.

m i c h a e l

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]