FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio in DaVinci

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gary Badgley
Audio in DaVinci
on May 29, 2012 at 7:23:06 pm

Howdy, I edit in Sony Vegas Pro 11. Resolve won't import .mts files, or anything that Vegas exports so I have to transcode clips direct from the camera. Then I import into resolve, color correct, and then render in a MP4 format which I can then import into Vegas for editing. Fun! I have been doing this for about a month and having great fun with the program. Resolve is great! But now however after getting serious about a project I did some color correcting on a file and then when I imported into Vegas there was no audio track. Up until now I have only been color correcting with just a video track. So, my question is how do I go about color correcting in Resolve with clips with audio attached?

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Audio in DaVinci
on May 29, 2012 at 7:34:39 pm

The current version of resolve does not support audio. You'll have to marry picture from your new file to audio from your previous version.

In the future resolve v9 will add audio support. Allowing you to keep audio in the file.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Gary Badgley
on May 29, 2012 at 8:51:46 pm

Yes, that is what I thought, but was wondering if there was a workaround. No problem. I'll wait for the new version. Thanks

Return to posts index

Chris Oben
on Jun 6, 2012 at 6:41:11 am

To say that Resolve doesn't support audio isn't completely true.

True 8.2 does not render audio. I've just completed CC on a feature where I previewed sync audio along with picture via HDSDI.

As indicated in the Resolve manual, you can import an audio file to use as you colour correct. Right click the timeline in the Conform tab. Choose audio options. Click Choose Audio File button. Select a .wav file.

Then in the Color tab right click the track and choose Show Audio Options. Your waveform will appear. Right click again and choose Adjust Audio Offset. Offset the audio to match your picture output on your reference monitor or your grading GUI depending on your preference.

Chris M. Oben

http://www.chrisoben.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]