FORUMS: list search recent posts

USB 3.0 and PCs

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
William Edwards
USB 3.0 and PCs
on May 20, 2012 at 4:00:05 pm

Hello,

A few things that I was researching. The majority of my projects are Apple Pro Res HQ files, and often times I am going on location. I am looking into the possibility of purchasing a PC instead of an iMac. I was wondering if anyone had luck with a PC using the Ultrastudio SDI USB 3.0 to go out to an SDI monitor? I am looking at an Alienware PC laptop with the Nvidia card.

Also, if I had a desktop PC, is there another card one could purchase for an SDI monitor that is not a Decklink Extreme 3D? It's a bit hefty on the price. There are the Kona cards, but that seems even more expensive.

Thanks for your time!

Return to posts index

Timo Teravainen
Re: USB 3.0 and PCs
on May 21, 2012 at 7:13:57 pm

Hi,

I'm running Ultrastudio SDI USB 3-card on a PC with Asus P8P67 motherboard, it works just fine with Resolve. For most scenarios, it's just as good as Decklink 3D Extreme card that I have on my other PC. Just be sure it's compatible with your PC.

As for other cards, I remember having read that Intensity Pro doesn't work so well on a PC with Resolve..

Return to posts index

Chad Cooper
Re: USB 3.0 and PCs
on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:20:46 pm

Intensity pro worked great for me in Resolve. As for the ultrastudio not working--if you have Nec/Renesas controllers you probably have to update them as per Blackmagic specs and download the nvidia driver.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]