FORUMS: list search recent posts

No 29.97 Rendering?!

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jesse Glucksman
No 29.97 Rendering?!
on May 10, 2012 at 4:06:56 am

Here's a dumb question, but I'm new with Resolve so I promise it'll be the last time I ask it. I got a project that was in 29.97, but Resolve refused to let me render in anything other than 23.98 or 24. Obviously, kind of an issue (though I did end up rendering in 24 then using Apple Cinema Tools to reconform in 29.97, so I think it'll be okay).
What did I do wrong? I use the Decklink SDI card--is it possible that since it's the cheapest card it doesn't play well with 29.97? I'm one paycheck from investing in a better card so this may all be moot anyway.

Thanks,
-Jesse

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: No 29.97 Rendering?!
on May 10, 2012 at 4:10:08 am

You probably set your session to 24fps.

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on May 10, 2012 at 4:12:07 am

You're right, I did. I changed it to 29.97 in the config settings, but only after the fact. Does that mean the whole project is kaput?

Return to posts index

Rohit Gupta
on May 10, 2012 at 5:58:35 am

You should not be able to change the conform rate after you have clips in the media pool, and you have sessions created.

If you have already colored your project, setup a new one, and use color trace to copy grades across, or use the gallery stills.

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on May 11, 2012 at 8:51:09 pm

Thank you for that. I hadn't used the Color Trace function before but will remember for the future (if it's ever an issue again). Using Apple Cinema Tool was enough for the purposes of this project (low budget, past deadline).

-Jesse

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 11, 2012 at 1:29:53 am

[Jesse Glucksman] " I changed it to 29.97 in the config settings"

You're sure you didn't just change the display preview settings? That is allowed, and you can add 2:3 pulldown, etc., if you're working with 23.98 for broadcast.

jPo

You mean "Old Ben"? Ben Kenobi?

Return to posts index

Jesse Glucksman
on May 11, 2012 at 8:49:10 pm

Joseph--I changed the timeline settings, which may have accomplished something but the render window still limited my options to 23.98 and 24. I think, like Rohit implied, once a project is in motion it may not be possible to alter it in the way I needed to in this instance.
It had been 29.97, I changed it to 24, and needed it back at 29.97. It's for broadcast in Brazil--I assume 29.97 is their thing, or the filmmaker just chose that for his own reasons. Apple Cinema Tools allowed me to change it to 29.97, and the audio was literally only one frame out of sync. Problem solved for now--better preparation will solve the problem in the future.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]