FORUMS: list search recent posts

Low End GFX Card Will Work With DaVinci?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Aditya Basu
Low End GFX Card Will Work With DaVinci?
on May 4, 2012 at 6:56:17 am

Hi,

Presently I am doing colouring in Vegas Pro but interested in shifting to Resolve Lite... thing is in my present system I use two low end ATI Radeon cards and DaVinci Resolve said it wont install.

So I am thinking of buying two low end NVidia CUDA accelerated GPUs and replace my Radeons. My board in Asus M5A97 (ATI Support)... I ran a check in the nearby stores and saw couple of below $100 NVidia CUDA GPUs are there which are 2GB DDR III.

Presently I use two monitors for display

a) LCD via Radeon Card
b) Basic TV via firewire using camcorder as a converter

So my question is will the lowtech cuda cards work with the system? And if dont install the blackmagic cards for video in and outs and keep on using fire wire and ssd shot footage... will Resolve Lite run?

I basically want to test drive ResolveLite with lowest investment possible (without hardware edit console)... I intend to test it for

a) Speed in correction and grading
b) Speed in rendering corrected and graded footage
c) flexibility and ease in correction

as compared to vegas...

Thanks in Advance

Software: Vegas Pro 10 (x64), SpiceMASTER 2.5 PRO, CreativEase, 3D Six-Pack, AnyFX. Windows 7 (x64)

Hardware: AMD FX 6 Core, 3.3 gHtz, Over Clockd: 3.5 - 4.0, GFX: ATI Radeon, Asus M5A97 Board, WD HDD 7200 RPM, RAM: Crossair: 1600 mHtz 2 x 4 GB...

Overall System: x64 DDR III

Return to posts index

John Michaels
Re: Low End GFX Card Will Work With DaVinci?
on May 7, 2012 at 2:59:42 am

Well, check those Nvidia cards against the config guide to see if they'll work. As for Firewire monitoring, that will not work. You'll need something like a Intensity or DeckLink card for external monitoring.

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Low End GFX Card Will Work With DaVinci?
on May 7, 2012 at 4:25:51 am

I don't think a low end card is going to give you any idea of what davinci is like in the criteria you're considering. If you want a stable, well performing, capable system I would look carefully to the config guide. If you want to test drive a system with an eye towards how well it would work for you, I think it would behoove you to hire a proper resolve room for a day to test drive it. Preferably with someone there who is willing (and paid ) to show you how it works.

Performance on a non optimized system is not indicative of what resolve is actually like,

Online Editor | Colorist | Post Super | VFX Artist | BD Author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]