FORUMS: list search recent posts

Correct method for joining clips?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Jones
Correct method for joining clips?
on May 3, 2012 at 4:11:13 pm

What is the correct method for joining two clips in the timeline? (I know where the command is. Just not the best way to use it)

I thought it would be to select two clips at the same time then EDIT/JOIN CLIP. But that didn't work.

I then picked one clip and and hit "join clip" and it worked... and it applied the correct grade to the other clip - which was nice... but I basically just got lucky with that.

What is the correct procedure for joining clips? I couldn't find it in the manual.

Also is it possible to join a number of clips all at once?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Juan Salvo
Re: Correct method for joining clips?
on May 3, 2012 at 4:37:00 pm

If you want to apply the same grade to multiple shots, the correct method is to use groups. It's covered in the timeline chapter of the manual.

online editor | colorist | VFX | BD author

http://JuanSalvo.com

Return to posts index

Chris Jones
Re: Correct method for joining clips?
on May 3, 2012 at 5:03:30 pm

I was actually trying to join 2 clips - the grade applied to the correct clip was just a fortunate byproduct.

I had split up a takes from a 5 min clip. But found after grading I had split a clip in the wrong spot and was trying to join it back up.

I'm not sure if I should always place the playhead at the end of the clip nearest to the one I want to join; always use the second clip; select one clip, then place the playhead over the other clip and click "join clip", etc. It also seems there is a way to control which grade is applied to which clip.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]