Round-trip to AVID

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Beth Woodruff
Round-trip to AVID
on Jun 3, 2016 at 1:26:22 pm
Last Edited By Beth Woodruff on Jun 3, 2016 at 4:08:08 pm

Hello everyone

I've been working on a project in AVID, brought it into Resolve for grading and am now in the process of bringing it back in AVID to add graphics/final audio mix.
I've been following this page for a step-by-step process.
http://cinetv.westphal.drexel.edu/base/workflow/davinci-resolve/davinci-res...
It's all worked fine until I get to step 10, where I have to export an AAF from Resolve.

I'm not sure which version of Resolve this page is referring to because I'm currently using 11 and there is no 'conform' tab for me to select. I'm on the 'delivery' tab for the rendering and when I try to export an AAF, I simply don't have the option to do so (it's in that "un-clickable grey colour"). The only time it seems to be an option for me is in the "Edit" tab, I tried it from here but when I opened the AAF in AVID the clips weren't graded. Any ideas on why it is there is neither a 'Conform' tab for me and why it is I'm unable to export an AAF from the Graded timeline?

Thanks.

UPDATE

We have managed to solve it. We chose to render it all as a single clip and for some reason that created an .AAF file (and separate .MXF files for each clip??). However as we've imported the .AAF file into AVID, the sequence itself doesn't contain any of the graded clips. Although the graded clips are present in the Bin? Re-linking (both via "Media on Drive" and "Selected items in BINS) doesn't work so how do I get the graded clips into the sequence? Preferably without having to replace each individual clip.

I should note that when we edited in AVID, we edited via AMA-Linking instead of using transcodes. If that potentially has any effect on proceedings.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Round-trip to AVID
on Jun 4, 2016 at 3:57:24 pm

There is a rather extended topic from last week with the same subject line. In It I describe some of the aaf options.

In your scenario resolve will automatically create an aaf...if you are using a true round trip workflow. (Avid to resolve back to avid, using an avid round trip preset in resolve).

If your timeline has changed at all you need to export a new aaf out of resolve. NOTE.this different than exporting an aaf out of resolve. In the edit page right click on your sequence and you should see Create New AAF.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]