FORUMS: list search recent posts

Replacing Footage Within Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Max Smith
Replacing Footage Within Resolve
on Jun 1, 2016 at 2:30:01 pm

This may be an extremely obvious question so forgive me if I have completely browsed over the answer somewhere.

I have brought in a sequence that I edited in premiere with transcoded footage. I want to color grade with the original camera files. How do I go about replacing the transcoded clips with the original camera files? I have made sure that the time code and the clip names are the same between the original and transcoded files.

Would it be easier for me to just replace the transcoded footage with the original camera files within premiere, or is there a quick and easy way to do this within resolve?

Thanks for the help!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Replacing Footage Within Resolve
on Jun 1, 2016 at 6:19:03 pm

When you import your xml in Resolve, you are presented with a screen that asks you how you want your media brought in.

You can tell Resolve to automatically import the media. This would result in it finding the media you were useing in Premiere when the list was made.

You can bring all the camera originals into the bin before you import your list.
If you deslect the Automatically import media option, resolve will then ask you what bin your media is in. Point it to the bin you just made.

There is an option to tell Resolve to use camera originals, but I think you still have to have the media in your bin before that works.

There used to be a way of getting it to ask you where on your drive the camera originals are...but my mind is slipping right now. Perhaps that was if it couldn't find all the necessary clips inside a bin?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Replacing Footage Within Resolve
on Jun 2, 2016 at 6:53:02 am

This is covered extensively in "Importing Projects and Relinking Media," pp. 596-659. That's a pretty critical part of the 12.5 manual. But yes, relinking to camera original files from an edit list done with transcodes is a basic part of conforming.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]