FORUMS: list search recent posts

monitor in resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
scott petersen
monitor in resolve
on May 27, 2016 at 10:32:32 pm

Ok, I've just set up Resolve and have the application open. I imported an xml and all seems good except I can't get my external monitor to work. I just fired up the Avid and it works there. Is there some setting in Resolve that I'm missing? I'm working on a pretty new trashcan Mac.

I did notice that in the Video I/O settings, both "none" circles are checked for "for capture and playback use" and "for Resolve Live use." Is this my problem? Do I need to download a driver?

Scott

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: monitor in resolve
on May 28, 2016 at 7:48:55 am

Do you have an external device to drive the external monitor? You'll need one of the Blackmagic monitoring devices in order to make this work. The Mini-Monitor is the least-costly way to do this, and they do have a Thunderbolt version that works well with the Trashcan Mac.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on May 28, 2016 at 2:41:01 pm

[scott petersen] "I can't get my external monitor to work."

In this case, "external" means "external to the Operating System", as in not part of your GPU setup. BMD does this to ensure independence from any ColorSync interference with the application's display color fidelity.

This topic has been explored since grade became possible with commodity-level hardware... and while conspiracists suggest the requirement for BMD hardware to achieve this goal, its more about creating a bullet-proof, water-tight color management environment.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

scott petersen
on May 28, 2016 at 7:44:56 pm

Got it. Thank you. Luckily, I found a box locally and all seems well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]