FORUMS: list search recent posts

Working with Pre-Conformed EDLs in R12

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Francois Driessen
Working with Pre-Conformed EDLs in R12
on May 26, 2016 at 2:00:29 pm

Mm. I must be missing something but the workflow I used in R10 or R11 seems to be in issue in R12. Due to incompatibilities and FX transitions used in the NLE (PremierePro) we have to send a flattened file to Resolve and use the PreConformed EDL import. However. It seems like there's no way to link the flattened file to the EDL once imported - it just relinks to the first random clip thats in the media pool that has sufficient timecode. Having to manually select every single cut in the EDL and force conform to the proper flattened file is a bit crazy. Any way I can force the PreConformed EDL to look at the specific file?

I believe it used to be that you'd have to tell it what file the EDL should reference - but don't see that in the R12 manual...

Any ideas?
-F

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.
http://firetrigger.com

Return to posts index

Mark Sanford
Re: Working with Pre-Conformed EDLs in R12
on Jun 4, 2016 at 3:45:02 am

Did you place the flattened file in it's own bin in the media pool before importing the pre-conformed edl? And then, when prompted, did you point the edl to that bin? It should work.

Mark Sanford
SanfordColor
Los Angeles

Return to posts index

Francois Driessen
on Jun 6, 2016 at 2:35:51 pm

Interesting... I was wondering what the logic is for how Resolve just grabs any random file if it can't find the one called for by the EDL - seems to be the first one it can get with sufficient timecode. So if you're placing media in a bin that also contains the EDL / XML that will become the "random" default file Resolve grabs to connect the clip to?

Francois

FireTrigger Inc.
http://firetrigger.com

Return to posts index

Mark Sanford
on Jun 7, 2016 at 2:23:54 am

Yes, the pre-conformed edl will get confused by other clips in that bin, especially if they're source clips of the same project. It only wants to see one flat file and parses the edit points from that file.

-Mark

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]