Davinci Resolve 12.5 randomly crashes

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Unai Rosende
Davinci Resolve 12.5 randomly crashes
on May 24, 2016 at 2:32:15 pm

Dear friends,

I hope someone out there can help me :)

I'm in the middle of a project and having constant crashes in Davinci Resolve 12.5.
I'm working with Sony A7s footage that was filmed in 50fps, but on a 25fps timeline. There are many speed changes on it but I'm doubting that this is causing the problem, as the crashes happened also in other projects.

I've downgraded to previous versions of Davinci Resolve, but it keeps crashing randomly.

I'm working in a hackintosh, with a Gigabyte GTX 780 GPU, and outputing to the reference monitor through SDI coming from the Blackmagic Decklink 2 card.

Here is a link to the last capture log file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5o4jy10xxn6451c/DaVinci-Resolve-logs-20160524-130...

If someone has any suggestion or went through a similar problem I would appreciate any kind of advice.
Thanks a lot in advance!

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Davinci Resolve 12.5 randomly crashes
on May 24, 2016 at 11:40:54 pm

12.5 is public beta. I am finding it very stable on a WIN 10 PC I just built with a Titan X card.

A Hackintosh puts you in an awkward spot though as Blackmagic can't really support it.

Return to posts index

Karsten Fischer
on May 25, 2016 at 8:31:10 am

Skimming the log file I did see a couple of files Resolve cannot open, most of them in the subtitles folder. And one or more audio files, in a mov container, which do cause a couple of problems as well. A file named "edit 24 FIN fuer sound.mov" seems to be problematic as well.
Might be a good idea to just rename the subtitles folder, so those files are offlined (is that even a word?) and try opening the project again to see if that helps.

Also, try a filesystem check for the volume "RAID Unai" as well, Resolve complains about waiting too long for an answer to a file request - might be a problem.

Couple of things you might want to try: export your project as a Resolve project file and import it into a new project. Or open the drp-file on another machine...
I assume you have the Nvidia Web driver, so that should be OK, maybe check for any CUDA updates as well. Or try disable CUDA completely and see what happens. Switch from optical flow to frame blending for the speed changes, maybe there is a glitch somewhere.

Maybe deleting the the render cache as well while you're at it. I recently got some interesting color effects when using DNxHR for cache frames, switching to ProRes solved that neatly.

That's it, I'm fresh out of ideas until I fire up Resolve myself :)

Good luck und viel SpaƟ..

Return to posts index

Unai Rosende
on May 25, 2016 at 8:44:06 am

Hey,

Thanks for that! I will give it a try and see if that solves the problems :)

I'll come back to you as soon as i test it

many many thanks!

Return to posts index

Roy Jones
on Oct 22, 2016 at 4:44:22 pm

Did you figure this out?
I am on latest 27"iMac 5k fully spec'ed same issue using a7s files and monitor via deck link2. I'm guessing it dosen't like the native format of the a7s and needs something less compressed. I also get random playback stuttering and I'm reading my HD files from a samsung 850 evo ssd.

Return to posts index

Per Merakerli
on Jun 26, 2017 at 12:25:48 am

I am very happy to hear if you found soution ? :)well, most of the times it renders ok, but with 4k, it also seem to struggle more .

Return to posts index

Per Merakerli
on Jun 26, 2017 at 12:15:01 am

I also have A7s II , XAVC s files, but I , like tha gu y at Blackmagic suggested, made optimized media, an I also have the Titan X card thogether with another 980 card ( but on ly use one in resolve, of course, coz, free verison) I get the blue screen often. I never tried to transcode the medoa then, They higly recomende that , team from Blackmagic, .I will prbably try that, I bought the full verion just today, and then I can use both the graphic cards, so
I am curious to see how that works :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]