FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sending clips to Fusion

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Mathis
Sending clips to Fusion
on May 23, 2016 at 8:16:05 pm

I am running the most current version of Resolve but do have a quick workflow question. I will pretty much film in raw format so what is the best way to get that footage to Fusion and back? I prefer to convert to ProRes, send XML to FCP X for editing, send an XML back to Resolve then color grade the raw files. I am wondering if I should go uncompressed or use another format. Any help is greatly aprreciated.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Sending clips to Fusion
on May 24, 2016 at 2:27:37 pm

[David Mathis] "what is the best way to get that footage to Fusion and back?"

Fusion should support pretty much anything that Resolve can play back, so the choice is "whatever does not limit your ability to carry on corrections", and what the definition of "uncompressed" is these days is somewhat subjective and doesn't usually mean what it used to. "Re-compressed" might make more sense.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Karsten Fischer
on May 25, 2016 at 8:55:37 am

If you are using fusion connect, you pretty much can choose which format you'll send to fusion, from dpx or tiff sequences to a Quicktime file with any supported codec. If you're into highest quality but longer render times and much more hard drive space, go for dpx sequence.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on May 25, 2016 at 7:32:19 pm

does connect do quicktimes? I haven't used it for a couple of years, but it used to be limited to file sequences. (raw and maybe tifs)

Glenn

Return to posts index

Karsten Fischer
on May 26, 2016 at 8:27:01 am

Yes, it does. But since Resolve will have to transcode it anyway - its not linking to a clip in your media pool, I'd use dpx or tiff or maybe quicktime uncompressed for Fusion connect. It does, however, suppport versioning for Fusion composites, which is much appreciated.

____

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]