FORUMS: list search recent posts

Exporting quicktime from Avid Media Composer with Embedded Alpha that Resolve can read...

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nat Jencks
Exporting quicktime from Avid Media Composer with Embedded Alpha that Resolve can read...
on May 23, 2016 at 6:13:52 pm

Anyone out there know if its possible to export some flavor or quicktime (DNxHR?) from Avid MC and include an embedded Alpha channel which can be read by Resolve? An editor has a ton of subtitles that they would like to deliver to me (in resolve) from the avid. I'd like to avoid just doing white titles on black background and using screen mode to composite the titles if possible since I would like to make the titles off white.

This link http://www.avidblogs.com/media-composer-8-4-download-now.../ suggests that it can export DNxHR with alpha but they say "with third party applications" which is suspicious... I get Prores4444 and TIFFS with alpha all the time from other applications but have never gotten from Media Composer, not sure what's possible at this point?

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Andy Winter
Re: Exporting quicktime from Avid Media Composer with Embedded Alpha that Resolve can read...
on May 24, 2016 at 10:11:03 am

if anyone finds out if it is finally possible to export from avid with embedded alpha, please share!
would interest me a lot as well!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]