FORUMS: list search recent posts

Auto-sync with Atomos Ninja 2 and Star with the Canon 5D Mark III

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Brad Burke
Auto-sync with Atomos Ninja 2 and Star with the Canon 5D Mark III
on May 10, 2016 at 1:09:39 am

Apologies if this thread exists but I couldn't find it.

I've had to do this manually, but would like to use the Auto-sync waveform feature in Resolve. Grr, can't make it work. Here's the thing...

Using the Atomos Ninja 2 and the Ninja Star with my Canon 5D Mark III to get ProRes files, but, the M3 does not send an audio signal with image out of the HDMI—it's image only. The work around is to patch a stereo plug into the M3 headphone jack and into the analog input of the Atomos'. This works just fine, though 5 frames delayed, but that's a different issue. Since, normally, the HDMI audio goes to the Atomos' channels 1 and 2, the M3 patch analog goes to 3 and 4. Since the Auto-sync feature in DaVinci seems to only look for audio tracks 1 and 2 when syncing with the WAV file from my Zoom, I gets nothing. No sync. Opening up the file the 1 and 2 channels are blank, but 3 and 4 are just fine.

I'm new to Resolve, so my question is: How do I make Resolve's Auto-sync feature match my Atomos' 3 and 4 scratch with my Zoom audio when Resolve doesn't recognize the other channels? Anyone have a workflow solution to this?

Thanks,

Brad

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]