FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnect Prores to MXF camera data

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Treffer
Reconnect Prores to MXF camera data
on Apr 21, 2016 at 8:37:52 pm

I work with several editors who still prefer to edit in FCP7.
I shoot with an FS7, export all footage with LUT applied as individual prores movs.
Get an XML back from FCP7 that I can import in Resolve.

My question: Is there a way to reconnect this edit to the original MXF camera files?

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Reconnect Prores to MXF camera data
on Apr 22, 2016 at 2:38:54 am

[John Treffer] "
My question: Is there a way to reconnect this edit to the original MXF camera files?
"

Yes, there is. A couple of ways in case one of them doesn't function as expected.

User Manual Reference: Read the section on Importing Projects Relinking Media.

Specifically, "Automatically Import" and "Link to source camera files" is the normal path if the naming conventions have been preserved through the editing process. It might be a little more challenging if this workflow has not been adhered to.

If the filename, TC and/or Reel numbers don't synchronize, then you may be into a force-offline, import media, hope for the best / force conform scenario.

More Info is contained in the sections titled "Conforming XML and AAF Files."

It should work more simply than it sounds, but knowing how it works will enable you to troubleshoot the links if it doesn't.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

John Treffer
Re: Reconnect Prores to MXF camera data
on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:22:23 am

Thanks! I will look into it.
Filenaming is coherent, but extension is different, that is where it went wrong last time. I also heard they worked on relinking in the 12.5 update, so that might help as well.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]