FORUMS: list search recent posts

Best Resolve Tutorials for Sony Vegas Pro User

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob Cioffi
Best Resolve Tutorials for Sony Vegas Pro User
on Apr 20, 2016 at 5:02:24 pm

Sony Creative has abandoned further development of Sony Vegas Pro, which has been my go-to editor for the past 8 years. I'm no fan of the Adobe subscription model and am committed to a windows based workstation. I've read some good things about Resolve as an editor in addition to its well-known coloring ability.

Are there any good online resources for learning the ins and outs of using Resolve as primarily and editor.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: Best Resolve Tutorials for Sony Vegas Pro User
on Apr 20, 2016 at 8:09:10 pm

Ripple Training - the guy that teaches is the guy that writes the manuals for Blackmagic. He's very good.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 22, 2016 at 9:56:00 pm

Alexis is the only guy I know who has actually done training videos specifically for using Resolve as an editor, and they're fairly well-done.

http://www.rippletraining.com/products/davinci-resolve/editing-finishing-in...

Be warned that there are some new editing features in 12.5 that go a long way towards improving the program, so even though this training video is only about 6 months old, it's already a little out of date. But the basic concepts are still good.

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
on Apr 22, 2016 at 10:12:57 pm

Alexis has actually already published a 4-hour tutorial that thoroughly covers ALL the new stuff in 12.5, and Ripple is offering it at 40% off too.

Ripple announced and released it the first day of NAB - it sure helps to have the guy who writes the training manual doing the training.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]