How do I make a backup of my edit in Davinci Resolve 12 Answer ASAP

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Connor O'Donnell
How do I make a backup of my edit in Davinci Resolve 12 Answer ASAP
on Apr 15, 2016 at 11:21:23 am

Hi there

I need some help with Davinci Resolve 12

I am currently editing a film on Davinci I can't seem to find a way to back up my project, Is there any way of making a backup copy just in case if my Laptop crash's or malfunctions so I don't have to re-edit the film all over again? Need Answer ASAP I've tried exporting the project but I get a failure message

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: How do I make a backup of my edit in Davinci Resolve 12 Answer ASAP
on Apr 16, 2016 at 4:22:00 pm

What is the failure message? I've never had an export fail. Can you export other projects on your box. (That might be a more important question)

In the auto save setting you can have Resolve either just save your project automatically, or save a backup version of your project. From there you should be able to restore that backup...but I believe it will require you to remove the original version. I usually just do an autosave, so can't really speak to how well the backup version works.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Richard van Harderwijk
on Apr 17, 2016 at 8:16:19 pm

I would do two things:
-in the manual it states is where the files/dbase are stored, copy them. Do a base export (is this the failure message? (Export of the project is failing?)
-export the timeline (xml/edl etc)

And check what is causing the error message

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Apr 19, 2016 at 1:48:18 am

The export should work provided the destination and file name are legal. I've never had a problem except in cases where the drive suddenly wasn't connected or something like that.

I routinely save daily DRP files and then I manually date them so if I'm working on a project for a couple of days, I can see "MyProject_4-18-2016, MyProject_4-19-2016, MyProject_4-20-2016," and so on, just in the unlikely event I have to roll back. You could also export XML and AAF files for the edit lists. Again, if the destination drives are kosher, it should work.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]