FORUMS: list search recent posts

Tangent Wave and Kinesis Freestyle

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Haine
Tangent Wave and Kinesis Freestyle
on Mar 20, 2016 at 1:17:23 pm

I know there's been some discussion on this board for combining the Tangent Wave with Xkeys, but I stumbled upon something that has been working amazingly and I figured I would share.

I'm freelancing with a post house that has the wave main panel, knobs panel and button panel but not the transport/trackball panel. I have a kinesis freestyle at home for writing on a treadmill desk, and I figured I would bring it in and see how the combo works with the mac.

https://www.kinesis-ergo.com/shop/freestyle2-for-mac/

The combination has been super great. Makes it much easier to switch into "typing" functions like naming new versions, searching the media pool, etc. In combination with the shortcuts, I find myself having a mostly seamless interaction with the software. I still need there to be a way to ripple outside of the full $30k panels, but pretty much everything else I regularly do I'm able to do.

I haven't used xkeys personally, but this seems like a pretty good alternative.

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Tangent Wave and Kinesis Freestyle
on Mar 20, 2016 at 3:49:29 pm

Interesting. With a large tablet, Euphonics color panel and control panel, and a Keyboard, desktop real estate is at a premium. Splitting up the keyboard onto opposite sides of the panel might work for me.

I notice in the developers website a small wire connecting the two sides, but you don't seem to be having an issue with distance between the halves. Can you explain that wire?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Charles Haine
on Mar 20, 2016 at 3:55:42 pm

I had the same worry with the wire: it's I think 20 inches, and I was worried that it wouldn't be wide enough to fit all three panels in between, but it fits with just a hair of room to spare around the wave combo.

The Euphonics is 20" wide, right? I wonder if it would work as well, though then the control panel would be outside the keyboard space.

Also, I think I remember the Euphonics as being a bit higher off the ground: Kinesis makes supports (purchased separately from the keyboard) to keep the keyboard higher that clip to the bottom of the board, I have them and they work well at their "medium" setting with the Elements, maybe using them at their "high" setting will work well with the Euphonics.

Charles

CharlesHaineColorist.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 20, 2016 at 6:57:49 pm

Even if i put the control panel above, closer to the monitor, and this closer to me with the panel in between, it might be a nice little space saver. Every little bit helps.

Might have to put this idea into the "folder" between my ears.

Thanks

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]