FORUMS: list search recent posts

No Audio when exporting clips

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Elizabeth Perlman
No Audio when exporting clips
on Mar 16, 2016 at 5:57:49 pm
Last Edited By Elizabeth Perlman on Mar 16, 2016 at 6:03:04 pm

Importing Sony F55 XAVC footage with TC + audio with TC. I auto sync with TC + append tracks, create a timeline from the selected clips, add timeline to render queue as individual source clips with export audio checked to include 10 channels of audio (8 source + 2 synced). Don't hear any audio in the exported ProRes file. Running DaVinci 12 on a macbook pro with yosemite. not sure if it's a bug or if I'm doing something wrong in the new davinci? i've synced on davinci 9 the same way with no issues.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
Re: No Audio when exporting clips
on Mar 20, 2016 at 12:05:14 am

I'm having a similar issue with XAVC-I from an FS7. If export to DNxHR I get no audio. If I export using the ProTools preset I get audio but it is garbled.

I am going to test with 12.3.2 and if it still is broken I will open a ticket with support. I posted to the BMD Resolve forum and got not replies.

Robert

Robert A. Ober
IT Consultant, Vidcaster, & Freelancer
http://www.infohou.com
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Mar 20, 2016 at 4:02:22 pm

is it possible the audio was recorded at 44khz? I know Resolve didn't use to like non 48k audio from wave files...not sure about embedded audio.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Mar 20, 2016 at 5:43:25 pm

[Glenn Sakatch] "is it possible the audio was recorded at 44khz?"

In my case no, I don't think my FS7 will even record at anything but 24/48. I doubt the F55 will either.

I am planning on trying 12.3.2 within the next hour or so and am hoping it is better. I tried opening a case online but it apparently did not complete. If 12.3.2 is not working I will try again or call them tomorrow.

Thanks for the thought,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Marc Dantzker
on May 13, 2016 at 5:18:41 pm

Did you find a solution for this. I'm having the same problem with Resolve 12.5 and FS7 files.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on May 13, 2016 at 6:50:21 pm

[Marc Dantzker] "Did you find a solution for this. I'm having the same problem with Resolve 12.5 and FS7 files."

Nope, as you noticed, still broken in 12.5b2. I have a support ticket open on it.

Workaround is to export audio separately.

It's ridiculous as the FS7 is very popular and the internal XAVC-I is good/very good if exposed correctly.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 14, 2016 at 3:55:30 am

I did an XAVC F55 project back in January, and I definitely delivered in ProRes 444 with audio. The difference is that I did not use camera audio -- I only used a finished track. I suspect there is some issue with the camera audio if this is internal production sound.

If it's a synced track, I don't see how there could be an issue. Resolve shouldn't treat a WAV file any differently depending on what kind of video is playing back with it. I would call BMD support and see if they can duplicate the problem.

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on May 14, 2016 at 5:24:53 pm

[Marc Wielage] "I did an XAVC F55 project back in January, and I definitely delivered in ProRes 444 with audio."

There were versions of Resolve that did handle XAVC-I correctly. Also my testing has mostly been with XAVC-I to DNxHR flavors to send to Avid.

This is especially frustrating since linking (was referred to AMA linking) in Avid and transcoding is also broken. I have two updated pro apps that I BOUGHT and neither handle the best quality native output from my PROFESSIONAL camera properly.

If it was some janky lowend DSLR I could understand it, but as you pointed out, the XAVC-I codec is native to even higher end SONY cameras as well.

Not that it bothers me or anything.

Take it EZ,
Robert

Robert A. Ober
Houston, TX

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on May 15, 2016 at 5:37:41 am

Just a workaround: Sony's Catalyst Browse will allow you to take the XAVC files and convert them to ProRes, at least on a Mac...

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/webhelp/catalystbrowse/20/enu/index.htm...

Return to posts index

Marc Dantzker
on May 14, 2016 at 2:30:20 pm

I went back to Resolve 12.3.2 and it seems to be working much better. 12.5 was all messed up for me, with most everything.

Return to posts index

Geoff Johnston
on May 15, 2016 at 12:49:31 pm

I have the same problem with 5D H.264 footage. Tried all the deliver settings, but shots get delivered with no audio.

Return to posts index

Joanne Lee
on Aug 30, 2016 at 10:06:20 am

I had the same problem before.
But it had been solved when I updated resolve to v12.5.1. I can now deliver prores files with original audio track from sony FS7 mxf.
I thought it might be some kind bug in 12.5.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]