FORUMS: list search recent posts

DaVinci Resolve SDI preview monitor

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jakub Frišo
DaVinci Resolve SDI preview monitor
on Mar 15, 2016 at 4:18:15 pm

Hello guys, I have problem with setting up DaVinci Resolve to Sony Trimaster El monitor with SDI cable, I was researching the web but I couldnt find any reliable resources on this topic ...
Does any of you have exprience with this problem please? if so, your advice will be very valuable to me

thank you

Return to posts index

David Roth Weiss
Re: DaVinci Resolve SDI preview monitor
on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:32:13 pm
Last Edited By David Roth Weiss on Mar 15, 2016 at 5:35:17 pm

For anyone here to provide an answer you need to tell us the specs of your computer, keeping in mind laptops require attaching an outboard I/O device, while towers can accommodate an internal I/O card or outboard device.

In any case, you will require a Blackmagic I/O device or card, and the Resolve PDF manual goes into great detail about the required cards/devices.

FYI, the PDF manual is automatically installed when you download and install the Resolve software.

David Roth Weiss
Director/Editor/Colorist & Workflow Consultant
David Weiss Productions
Los Angeles

David is a Creative COW contributing editor and a forum host of the Apple Final Cut Pro forum.

Return to posts index

Jakub Frišo
on Mar 16, 2016 at 11:54:34 am

Hello David, I have Decklink 4K Extreme so I think there is no problem setting it up but it kinda doesnt want to work.

Can you tell in which section in manual they are talking about setting up graphic cards to be compatible with Davinci Resolve?

thank you

Return to posts index

Jakub Frišo
on Mar 16, 2016 at 12:27:01 pm

I have HP Z840 Workstation PC running window 7 64bit

Return to posts index

Jakub Frišo
on Mar 16, 2016 at 1:04:50 pm

Ok I got the problem was unchecked box in Resolve Preferences

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
on Mar 16, 2016 at 9:11:02 pm

Blackmagic publishes two documents. One is the operation manual and there is a configuration guide that helps with hardware.

If you have a Decklink 4K Extreme, it has SDI input and output connectors. I have an SDI SmartHub that serves as a distribution router, so my Resolve suite can be switched to multiple destinations.

If you have a BVM-E250 ("Sony Trimaster El"?), it has 2 SDI inputs. RG-6 coaxial cable should do the trick. I assume BlackMagic Desktop Video is installed and configured.

You do not connect any of your onboard GPUs to this monitor.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]