FORUMS: list search recent posts

Edit/XML with transitions into Resolve

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kelly armstrong
Edit/XML with transitions into Resolve
on Mar 10, 2016 at 2:17:25 pm

Hi there,

I'm an editor and I have a question about workflow between Premiere and Resolve. I'm using a lot of push slide transitions, and cropping images which I'm keyframing into frame.

What I'm doing is very similar to this reference video: https://vimeo.com/25049692

Will these transitions be read by Resolve? Or do I need to take them off and re-apply them in the Conform?

Thanks,
Kelly

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Edit/XML with transitions into Resolve
on Mar 11, 2016 at 2:53:30 am

Not all transitions are translated exactly between NLEs and Resolve and you should expect some discrepancies. The other issue with cropping is that you will run into absolute value mismatch if there are any format multipliers -- resolution or aspect ratio changes.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Mar 11, 2016 at 6:41:09 am

I would advise doing a short (1 minute or less) test and see how the effects translate. In some cases, the latest versions will work OK. Be aware that repositions are often affected by source resolution, so if you have HD proxies of a 4K project, and then bring the 4K media into Resolve, the repos/slides/whatever may not work.

Return to posts index

kelly armstrong
on Mar 11, 2016 at 9:11:25 am

Hi Marc,

Thanks for your speedy reply. I've added the transitions to the RAW 2K footage so ill try bringing it into Resolve and see if they work.

Thanks!
Kelly

Return to posts index

David Patterson
on Dec 31, 2016 at 10:05:39 pm

Did you find a way to color grade clips in Resolve and retain the transitions or extra frames needed for transitions in Premiere?

I wouldn't mind having to apply transitions in Premiere after grading, but transitions need additional frame "handles". How will these be created when exporting graded clips from Resolve?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jan 1, 2017 at 2:55:02 am

This is why I ask clients for a full res, textless quicktime export. So I can use that in places where custom transitions occur.

Shane
Little Frog Post
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 2, 2017 at 4:51:40 pm

If you are round tripping with consolidated media, you need to add handles in the edit programs list creation.

turn on the view handles function when you start your color session.
Export with handles in the delivery page.

Glenn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]