FORUMS: list search recent posts

max GUI Resolution

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ben Dittrich
max GUI Resolution
on Mar 3, 2016 at 3:41:55 pm

Hello,

does anyone now what the max Gui Resolution for Resolve is, or is there a possibility to enlarge text (& menus)?

I just bought a UHD Monitor, but the text is tiny small, scaling it up in the windows settings doesn't help... it seems that the program doesn't scale text up to a readable size.

Greetz

Ben

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: max GUI Resolution
on Mar 3, 2016 at 4:31:39 pm

[Ben Dittrich] "does anyone now what the max Gui Resolution for Resolve is, or is there a possibility to enlarge text (& menus)?
"

From the Resolve 12 Configuration guide:

"DaVinci Resolve 12 offers support for a wide variety of UI resolutions in single and also dual UI monitor configurations. The application is optimized for the Retina 5K screen (5120x2880) with a resultant resolution of 2560x1440 and scales in a number of ways to even operate on laptops screens with 1440x900 res. If you do not have a Retinal 5K screen the UI layout works extremely well at all resolutions from 3840x2160 to 1920x1200. Lower resolutions are supported with abridged name and icons at the controls."

I find that 2560 on an ASUS PB278 is acceptable. Also running R12 on a Retina 5K iMac at 5120 is workable at least as far as the UI is concerned. I would not dream of using either of these displays for grade judgement. Been playing with a display calibration system that cannot be named on this forum without triggering the nanny-filter, but at least with a viewer 3DLUT in place, the client confidence goes up.

Some windows in the UI are expandable, but the font and placement are not customizable.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Peter Chamberlain
Re: max GUI Resolution
on Mar 4, 2016 at 8:26:56 am
Last Edited By Peter Chamberlain on Mar 4, 2016 at 8:27:25 am

If you are on Windows 10, set your display scaling to 200%. Be sure to log out of the OS and back in to make the change complete.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]