FORUMS: list search recent posts

Any way to seperate audio from video?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Winfield
Any way to seperate audio from video?
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:04:14 pm

Recently, I have really started liking davinci resolve as an editor (using 12, the lite version), since it offers some more advanced editing stuff you can't get from other free editors (a significant upgrade from movie maker!).

I have 2 camera angles, one of which has very good audio built in which I want to use for both shots, wheras the other camera had alot of wind and is not very good quality audio. I wan to use both camera angles in my shot. Is there any way of editing the audio (for example, copying it) from the one of the clips and use it on the other?

I am aware that Resolve has a multicam thing, but for what I am doing it makes more sense to simply use the audio from one camera on another. Currently, trying to edit audio also affects the clip above it (even audio not recorded in-camera, such as sound... Is there any way to disable this?)

Thanks for any help.

Return to posts index

Matthew Winfield
Re: Any way to seperate audio from video?
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:14:14 pm

Wow, it seems like posting on a forum is the magic solution to everything - after 2 days of searching, the second I post this I find the "unlink audio and video" button"... Sorry for bothering you.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Feb 21, 2016 at 8:12:52 am

It's covered very well in the manual. But the manual has about 500 pages just on editing.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Nieves
on Jun 26, 2016 at 12:53:26 am

Where did yo find that option?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jun 26, 2016 at 5:22:14 am

Page 385: To unlink audio and video from one another: Select a clip, then right-click it and choose Link from the contextual menu (or press Command-L). Unlinked clips do not appear with a dot before the clip name in the Timeline.

Return to posts index

Jonathan Nieves
on Jun 27, 2016 at 4:12:16 am

Yeah, I found out 2 days ago but thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]