FORUMS: list search recent posts

Resolve problem with messed split screen

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
marko milovanovic
Resolve problem with messed split screen
on Feb 20, 2016 at 12:21:58 am

Hello,

we've shot a music video in split screen, sometimes 4 shots in split screen. When importing xml to resolve it messes up shots, moving them closer to each other or even putting them one above other... Do you know the solution to solve this?

Thanks

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Resolve problem with messed split screen
on Feb 20, 2016 at 3:07:09 am

Complex visual effects like split screens are not going to import well into any editing system, Resolve included. My advice would be to bring each split in as a full-frame shot, color-correct it on its own, and then combine the splits in a separate program and bring those shots in as flattened files back to Resolve.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Resolve problem with messed split screen
on Feb 20, 2016 at 8:59:47 pm

[marko milovanovic] "it messes up shots, moving them closer to each other or even putting them one above other.."

Sounds like a mismatch between how the NLE creates the PTRZ factors and how Resolve interprets them, and could be the result of a number of other import options, a consequence of the original media not being the same dimension as the original timeline and a "stretch-to-fill" or similar transform has been applied. Especially if these are non-square, there will be havoc.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]