FORUMS: list search recent posts

Illegal colours/red clamping to green from Resolve to avid

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David Fulde
Illegal colours/red clamping to green from Resolve to avid
on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:13:16 pm
Last Edited By David Fulde on Feb 19, 2016 at 2:26:14 pm

I'm starting to get a bit frustrated, both myself and another colorist at the company I work for are running into thew issues. Exporting from resolve to Avid (AAF roundtrip) is resulting in illegal colours (We think) and the reds clamping down to a really ugly green (Pic attached) - this is really annoying since neither of us can find anything regarding a safe colour filter for exporting - it doesn't really show on the scopes (Even my coworker's hardware scope), and it seems to only happen in DNXHR, not in ProRes.

Is there a way to prevent this? I tired bringing the saturation down in the reds on a timeline basis but that results in ugly purples and lots of noise, and detaturating the whole show/shot looks bad. We are assuming that this is illegal colours but it might be something else.

Long story short - overexposed and oversaturated red are breaking out exports and we don't know what to do

http://imgur.com/a/yy1c8 <--- example images

Using Resolve 12.0.1

OSX 10.10.3, late 2013 Mac Pro. 2.7GHz 12 Core Xeon E5

32GB RAM

AMD D700

EDIT: I should note that this doesn;t seem to happen in Prores

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Illegal colours/red clamping to green from Resolve to avid
on Feb 20, 2016 at 3:08:45 am

If it doesn't happen in ProRes, then I'd say the easiest solution is to use ProRes.

Scopes and test signals should tell you what's going on when the material is exported and imported. My guess is that this could be a Data Level vs. Video Level problem.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]