FORUMS: list search recent posts

Toggling external video playback on/off?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
Toggling external video playback on/off?
on Jan 30, 2016 at 12:34:38 am
Last Edited By Mel Matsuoka on Jan 30, 2016 at 12:34:09 am

So I finally found a window of non-client-supervised work time to jump on the Resolve 12 train, and was hoping that R12 added a long-time feature request of mine (since the Resolve 7 days), which is to have a keyboard shortcut or button that allows you to toggle off external video playback, without having to quit Resolve (e.g. like the ⌘F12 shortcut in FCP7 or forward-slash key in After Effects)

I've searched high and low, and if such a feature exists in R12, it's not immediately obvious to me. Can someone break the bad news to me that this feature still doesn't exist in Resolve?

I've been using the old hack of enabling the Tape ingest panel to disable video output, but it'd be nice if we didn't have to resort to such ugly workarounds.

Return to posts index

David Baud
Re: Toggling external video playback on/off?
on Jan 30, 2016 at 1:37:33 am

I am afraid not! When working with Adobe AE or PrP, Resolve wants to keep everything for itself;-)... you have to quit in order to get back video playback. I found it also to be an issue if someone wants to use a plugin like Magic Bullet: there is no way you can monitor inside MB interface at the same time than Resolve.

FWW,

David Baud
Post & VFX
KOSMOS PRODUCTIONS
Denver - Paris
http://www.kosmos-productions.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]