FORUMS: list search recent posts

Batch syncing for FCP X

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tangier Clarke
Batch syncing for FCP X
on Jan 23, 2016 at 7:24:46 pm

Folks, on another forum (on FCP.co) I posted some findings about syncing with PluralEyes, what I don't like about it, and asked for alternatives. Someone recommended trying DaVinci Resolve. After giving it a try, here are my findings. My hope is that maybe someone here can shed some light on things since I am relatively new to DaVinci and exploring it more while browsing the manual.

I tried syncing as you suggested and here are my concerns:

Once clips are synced I don't see any synced clip available (like in FCP X). It seems according to the manual that you just have to trust that it is synced. Is there an indicator?

When I put the video clip that I synced with audio on the timeline, I do in fact see more audio tracks appended to the video clip than the video clip had by itself (from the camera audio).

The appended audio in the timeline is named the same as the video clip rather the audio wav file name that was appended.

Whether in the media pool or on the timeline, the supposed synced clip shows no indication of sync information in the inspector. There's no audio information like in FCP X that shows all audio channels available.

I went through the DaVinci manual and tried batch syncing and one video/one audio syncing and there's no indicator I can find that shows a clip was synced; sort of like FCP X creating a synchronized clip.

DaVinci did not do a good job at all of batch syncing media. It failed completely.

General performance of DaVinci seems extremely clunky and slow compared to FCP X on my same computer; not only in attempted syncing, but also, scrubbing and playback performance.

I lay all of this out because I am relatively new to DaVinci and will continue to explore it more, but I hope you can shed some light on this and perhaps some things I am missing.

Woo wave Dreamsync wasn't all I had hoped even though they're trying to use AV Foundation rather than an old Quicktime API as RedGiant PluralEyes does. Dreamsync is a great product, but still needs to work some things out. My hope was to use DaVinci to batch sync my content, export an XML and import to FCP X.

Thanks for any insight.

Tangier

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]