FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimized media?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mario Moskon Sarunic
Optimized media?
on Jan 11, 2016 at 8:19:07 pm

Hi fellow colourists! :)
Is it possible to transfer optimized media files from one machine to another? I am doing some tests with 4k files on multiple machines and It would be nice if I could create optimized media on first machine, do some grades there and than transfer everything (including optimized media) to another machine and just continue to work from there. Is that possible? I’ve tried to copy files in Cache Clip folder but its not working :/
Do you maybe have some better tip for working on multiple machines with heavy files? Is it possible to make some kind of Proxy files in v12?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Optimized media?
on Jan 12, 2016 at 4:48:43 am

Not optimized media per se, but it is possible to make temporary transcodes, use those for color correction, and then manually swap them out for the full-res files for final delivery. The question is whether you'd like to use automatic optimized media or do it manually. As far as I know, only by doing it manually can you specifically control the source drive.

Return to posts index

Mario Moskon Sarunic
on Jan 12, 2016 at 8:19:02 am

Thank you for reply Marc!
Is there a way to automatically transcode and replace bunch of files? Basically make proxies in lower resolution from all files in bin?

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Jan 13, 2016 at 3:15:16 am

Yes, you could use Media Management to transcode all the files and then automatically link to them, pp. 488-496 in the manual.

Return to posts index

Mario Moskon Sarunic
on Jan 13, 2016 at 2:09:39 pm

Thanks Marc! I'll try that!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]