FORUMS: list search recent posts

AVID MC Color en DaVinci Resolve 12 issue.

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Javier Lopez
AVID MC Color en DaVinci Resolve 12 issue.
on Jan 9, 2016 at 12:06:56 am

Hello,

I had successfully connected the AVID MC Color and MC Transport, they are recognized by the EU Application, but DaVinci Resolve 12 does not recognize them, the options to use the Artist control are greyed out and can't be accessed. I had tried to set it up using the static IP address but the EU App won't recognize then, so, I had to with bad to DHCP. MC Transport works fine with AMC, I am on OS X El Capital with EU app 3.3.2.

Thanks for any help provided.

Return to posts index

Ronen Pestes
Re: AVID MC Color en DaVinci Resolve 12 issue.
on Jan 9, 2016 at 10:41:10 pm

I'm on 10.10.5 and it works fine.
Try the old uninstall reinstall for both resolve and Eucon

for your static IP, do you have the MCxolor at 10.0.0.2 and your network at 10.0.0.1 ?
Do you have Baselight installed on your system?

Ronen

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:23:16 pm
Last Edited By Javier Lopez on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:34:02 pm

Hello Ronen,

Thanks for your time and response, I don't have Baselight Installed, I had tried to reinstall but no luck using the manual configuration I had following settings but the EU app does not recognize them, so I had roll back to DHCP:

*Network - Ethernet 1:
IP Address: 10.0.0.02
Subnet Mask: 255.0.0

*Avid MC Control
IP Address: 010.000.000.002
Subnet Mask: 255.000.000

Using the DHCP protocol the EU app recognizes both devices "I am using a Netgear Ethernet Switch", also, I was able to perform the firmware update on both devices, there is communication between the computer the the MC Transport/MC Color, MC Transport works fine AMC v8.4.4 using the DHCP protocol.

I greatly appreciate the help.

Return to posts index

Verne Mattson
on Jan 9, 2016 at 10:54:39 pm

I don't think EUCON is El Capitan compatible yet. I have no issues with my Artist Panel and Resolve on 10.10.5 and EuControl 3.3.2.

Verne

Return to posts index

Mike Most
on Jan 10, 2016 at 2:53:53 am

Eucon 3.3.2 is the El Capitan compatible release and works fine.

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:24:53 pm
Last Edited By Javier Lopez on Jan 10, 2016 at 9:30:21 pm

Hello Mike,

Do you have it working with DaVinci Resolve?. If so, would you please share the settings used?. The EU app recognizes both devices "I am using a Netgear Ethernet Switch", also, I was able to perform the firmware update on both devices, there is communication between the computer the the MC Transport/MC Color, MC Transport works fine AMC v8.4.4 using the DHCP protocol.

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 11, 2016 at 2:43:51 pm

Have you got the color transport turned on in Resolves preferences?

I;m using it with 12 (windows) with no issues.

Transport will let you use mapped button presets, but I don't think the shuttle wheel will work.

I use the color and artist control surfaces both with Resolve.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:27:47 am

Hello Glen,

The options to use Avid Artist in the preferences panel in DaVinci are greyed out, the option is there but I can't select anything.

Thanks for your reply.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Jan 13, 2016 at 2:57:17 pm

Again, I'm on Windows, so things may be different, but if I have an issue with it the first step is to relaunch the Euphonics app and get it to re initialize the surfaces.

Once it is running, if you exit Avid do the controllers now show that they have control of a different program?

In windows when Avid or Resolve isn't running, the panels show control over Office or they might even say Desktop...not at my box right now. But they are always in control of something.

I've actually had more issues getting them to snap to Avid than anything else...Resolve just always seems to work,and I've always been on DHCP.

There are no other computers on the network with EU running are there. I have had issues with that.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Javier Lopez
on Jan 13, 2016 at 3:56:07 pm

Hello Glen,

I had solved the issue, it was the app version from the App Store, now I am using the control without an issue, thanks to everyone for the time taken help me in this case, a wonderful day to everyone.

Regards,

Javier.

Return to posts index

jagdeep gill
on Feb 11, 2016 at 1:32:33 am

Hey Javier

I have the same issue as you, I'm using the app from the Apple Store as well ($500usd).
How did you fix the issue?

Thank you

Return to posts index

jagdeep gill
on Feb 11, 2016 at 2:06:36 am

Hey how did you solve your issue as i have the same one. did you buy the full edition and loose out on the $500 from the app?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]