FORUMS: list search recent posts

Two questions about Avid / Resolve roundtrip

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Mushinskie
Two questions about Avid / Resolve roundtrip
on Jan 6, 2016 at 3:33:53 pm

I have two questions regarding Avid to Resolve roundtripping.

Right now the workflow that we’re using:
Consolidate Avid sequence to separate media space for Resolve system.
Export AAF
Color in Resolve
Generate new media and AAF
Import AAF into Avid
Rejoin with audio and graphics.

I’ve run into two issues that I would love some clarification on. If I do all of my color correction in Resolve on the AAF Sequence that is imported from the Avid, on export the AAF will go back to Avid retaining all of the Avid effects in the sequence like I would expect. However, if I duplicate my sequence in Resolve to work on a second pass, any AAF I export from Resolve from that sequence will either link to the original un-color-corrected material or the new color grades but without the Avid effects. (Depending on whether I just hit export AAF or generate new AAF in resolve). Is there anyway to have multiple sequence in Resolve and retain that metadata from the original sequence that references the original Avid Effects?

My second issue, is I’m unable to get Avid to play DNxHR material generated from Resolve. DNxHD material works just fine. If I try to load the DNxHR material into the source monitor I get a message that says: std::exception what::vector. I’ve tried various versions of Avid from 8.3.1 up to the most current release. Thankfully, I am delivering in HD so it isn’t the end of the world, but just very frustrating.

Any advice would be helpful. I'm still trying to get up to speed with Resolve.

Return to posts index

Ronen Pestes
Re: Two questions about Avid / Resolve roundtrip
on Jan 9, 2016 at 10:45:41 pm

Do a search for any one of Scott Freeman amazing blog posts regarding round trip. you should look into following that work flow and not sending AAF back from Resolve to Avid, which will retain your effects.
In resolve make sure to select, preserve source resolution in the render to have your DNxHD and DNxHR formates.

Ronen Pestes
Film Editor
http://www.editcolorpost.com

Return to posts index

Chris Mushinskie
Re: Two questions about Avid / Resolve roundtrip
on Jan 14, 2016 at 5:44:34 pm

Thank you so much. Your advice worked perfectly. I appreciate it!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]