FORUMS: list search recent posts

Avid Artist Color and Bank keys

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Patrick Taylor
Avid Artist Color and Bank keys
on Dec 30, 2015 at 7:40:14 am

Just picked up the Avid Artist Color panel for my color work in Resolve, but am a bit confused.

Does anyone out there know how, or even if it's possible, to program the soft (F) keys in conjuction with the 2 bank keys as modifiers? I've got the mapping document, so I know that the bank keys can be used as modifiers to the soft keys to perform different functions, but I cannot figure put how to custom map them. And the same goes for the right shift key. I've heard others explain that this is possible, but they never offer any instructions on how to do so. Could it have to do with the Pages in the Euphonix software?

Anyway, and advice on programming this panel would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a bunch!

-- Pat Taylor

-Pat Taylor

http://colourskyfilms.com
ptaylor@colourskyfilms.com

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Avid Artist Color and Bank keys
on Dec 30, 2015 at 3:14:55 pm

As far as I know Resolve doesn't allow for any custom mapping of any buttons on any surface. I don't think Media Composer does either. DS was the only one that i've been able to rearrange mapping on the Color surface.

I use a separate Avid Control panel for all my custom mapping, or a G13 pad.

Where have you heard others explain that it is possible?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Bill Ravens
on Dec 30, 2015 at 8:19:36 pm

Well, the good news is that Resolve and Media Composer are programmable on surfaces. The bad news is not with the Avid Artist. I've been using both Avid Artist Color and Tangent Wave surfaces. The latest release of the Tangent Wave HUB controller allows programming to all the hot keys in Media Composer. Unfortunately, I haven't figured out how to map the wheel or balls to the color controls in Avid. But, The Wave works really well with Resolve. I've virtually discarded the Avid Artist as unuseable...even with Media Composer.

Return to posts index

Patrick Taylor
on Jan 4, 2016 at 4:19:33 am

Actually, the Avid Artist Color surface IS programmable with Resolve. All 9 of the soft keys, in both standard and left shift, are fully programmable. So, that's 18 customizable keys. Not as many as I'd like, but not bad.

-Pat Taylor

Return to posts index

Marcus Samuel-Gaskin
on Jan 11, 2016 at 6:26:04 am

This thread should be of help.

Return to posts index

Patrick Taylor
on Jan 11, 2016 at 3:36:20 pm

However, keep in mind that, the EuControl software does not know the difference between left and right shift. It sees them as the same thing. This is significant because it means that any manual programming of the shift key replaces both the left and right sides. So, in essence, you are losing 9 soft keys by manually programming the shift keys.

-Pat Taylor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]