I've got this issue with Davinci (though as I can see there were posts concerning this topic already, the solution still wouldnt show up):
When I try to import an XML from Adobe Premiere I get this: "failed to link because the media file is missing or has the wrong timecode extents."
When I force conform I get the timeshift, as to the rest, the timeline is imported ok.
Video is h264 mp4 with sound, UHD, 29.97 drop frame.
Start TC's of couple of pieces of video:
Adobe Premiere: 15:28:26:07
Sony Vegas: 15:28:26:07
DaVinci Resolve: 15:28:26:47 (as shown in DaVinci file manager)
15:28:27:17 (as shown in the media pool file info)
project frame rate matches the video
master settings\conform: use timecode "embedded in the source clip", "assist using reel names" checked off
Automatically set project settings: checked off
Automatically import source clips: checked off
PS. I've been able to partially solve the problem by exporting AAF from Premiere, changing all videos TC's to zero before that. Then in DaVinci I've set use timecode "from the source clip framecount". Everything went ok, though AAF doesn’t support some things XML does, so I'd prefer XML. This trick doesn’t work with XML though.
Sorry, cannot provide a piece of footage because of the privacy thing, but it is some Sony camera footage: folder is called M4ROOT and files are XAVC AVC .mp4, 3840x2160, 29.970 fps. It hasn't been transcoded.
I've also attached screenshots from DaVinci/Premiere with those timecodes. temptcscreen2.png temptcscreen.png