FORUMS: list search recent posts

wrong start TC

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sergey Stankov
wrong start TC
on Dec 23, 2015 at 8:15:47 am

Hello!

I've got this issue with Davinci (though as I can see there were posts concerning this topic already, the solution still wouldnt show up):

When I try to import an XML from Adobe Premiere I get this: "failed to link because the media file is missing or has the wrong timecode extents."
When I force conform I get the timeshift, as to the rest, the timeline is imported ok.

Video is h264 mp4 with sound, UHD, 29.97 drop frame.

Start TC's of couple of pieces of video:
First file:
Adobe Premiere: 15:28:26:07
Sony Vegas: 15:28:26:07
DaVinci Resolve: 15:28:26:47 (as shown in DaVinci file manager)
15:28:27:17 (as shown in the media pool file info)

Second file:
Adobe Premiere: 15:28:42:07
Sony Vegas: 15:28:42:07
DaVinci Resolve: 15:28:42:47 (file manager)
15:28:43:17 (media pool)

In the settings of DaVinci:
project frame rate matches the video
master settings\conform: use timecode "embedded in the source clip", "assist using reel names" checked off

On import:
Automatically set project settings: checked off
Automatically import source clips: checked off

PS. I've been able to partially solve the problem by exporting AAF from Premiere, changing all videos TC's to zero before that. Then in DaVinci I've set use timecode "from the source clip framecount". Everything went ok, though AAF doesn’t support some things XML does, so I'd prefer XML. This trick doesn’t work with XML though.

Thank you!

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: wrong start TC
on Dec 23, 2015 at 3:59:21 pm

is your premiere timeline 23.98?

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sergey Stankov
on Dec 26, 2015 at 4:52:05 pm

the TL fps is set to 29.97 (tried dropframe/ non df to no avail)

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
on Dec 26, 2015 at 5:25:37 pm

Where is your source video from? Is this camera original Go Pro? or has it been transcoded/converted somewhere along the way?

Can you upload one of these clips, again with a note of what you are seeing on the timecode. I'd like to see what Resolve and Avid show me.

I'm not a user of premiere and when I have used it, if it has to do any kind of fps conversion, I find I usually screws it up for any kink of list creation.

The two different timecodes in Resolve (although they are both showing the same time in a 30fps timeline) are interesting.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Sergey Stankov
on Dec 28, 2015 at 2:14:05 pm

Sorry, cannot provide a piece of footage because of the privacy thing, but it is some Sony camera footage: folder is called M4ROOT and files are XAVC AVC .mp4, 3840x2160, 29.970 fps. It hasn't been transcoded.
I've also attached screenshots from DaVinci/Premiere with those timecodes.
temptcscreen2.png
temptcscreen.png

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]