FORUMS: list search recent posts

XDCAM EX to DNxHD via pavtube = No Audio in Resolve 12

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt whittley
XDCAM EX to DNxHD via pavtube = No Audio in Resolve 12
on Dec 22, 2015 at 5:04:51 pm

Hello,

I am just getting back into video production after a few years of doing other things. I am really excited to try Davinci Resolve (despite the massive file sizes that I am not used to) and morning the loss of Final Cut and the native workflow for XDCAM. (I just can't work with FCPX)

So I read about using pavtube to create DNxHD files. I just bought the program and the files it produced DO have audio but not in resolve. My prores files do have audio in resolve.

I have read about creating a new user. I did try to make a new user on my computer that didn't fix anything. Am I meant to make a new user in resolve somehow?

Pavtube seems limited for its audio codec for DNxHD. It has only Linear-PCM. I set it at highest settings of Sample Rate 48000hz and Bit rate 38400 bps stereo. Should this work in Resolve?

Anyone successful using pavtube? Should I get another program for conversion? Or is my problem elsewhere?

My stats:

Mac Pro 3,1 (2008) 8 core 2.8
OSX 10.10.5
14GB ram (more on the way)
Radeon HD 7950 3GB video card
Resolve 12.0.1.006
PMW-EX3 shooting 1080P

Many Thanks
Matt

Return to posts index

Massimo Alberto Croce
Re: XDCAM EX to DNxHD via pavtube = No Audio in Resolve 12
on Dec 23, 2015 at 6:27:49 am

Why don't use xdcam ex files natively in resolve?

Massimo Alberto Croce
Video Editor, Colorist, Pro Tools Editor
massimoalberto.croce@gmail.com

Return to posts index

matt whittley
on Dec 25, 2015 at 9:45:39 pm

Thanks Massimo,

I have heard that long gop formats do not work well in Resolve and the consensus or to transcode to something like proves or better DNxDH for stability and other unspecified "issues" This is just from my recent research.

Are you having success with cutting native XDCAM footage in Resolve 12 ?

Cheers
Matt

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Dec 23, 2015 at 7:57:26 am

Sample rate should be 48kHz, bit-depth should be 16-bit or 24-bit. A 2008 computer will be slow, no doubt about it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]