FORUMS: list search recent posts

best procedures for grading a Commerical with editors effects

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Greg White
best procedures for grading a Commerical with editors effects
on Dec 14, 2015 at 7:38:50 am

Hi I'm working on a commercial shot in 5k and transcoded to 1920x1080 QTP to edit in premier pro. One of the effects that the editor did was a 4 square box with different video playing in each square (kinda like the Brady bunch title opening, ya I just dated myself) .

My question is what is the best way to approach coloring it? In the past the editor would export a 1920x1080 QTP master and I would power window each square and correct the final, but on this project we are going back to color the original 5k files, what would the best way to do it? Would it be to color the clips and send them back to the editor to reassemble the 4 square? I was gonna do the final export in 2k so the files are a little bit more manageable. Thanks in advance.

2010 MacPro 3.46 12 core | 32 GB RAM | GTX 680 2GB | Titan X 6GB | Resolve 11.3.1 http://www.videocolorcorrection.com

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
Re: best procedures for grading a Commerical with editors effects
on Dec 14, 2015 at 8:36:44 am

[Greg White] "Would it be to color the clips and send them back to the editor to reassemble the 4 square?"

I would do this.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: best procedures for grading a Commerical with editors effects
on Dec 16, 2015 at 5:57:20 am

I agree with Tero above, but I would also be prepared to do a slight touch-up when you see the quad-split in context. Even if you meticulously correct A vs. B, sometimes A vs. B & C & D simultaneously will change your perception in terms of brightness. These "Brady Bunch" split screens can be a nightmare, particularly when the splits are moving. It can be done... it just takes time.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]