FORUMS: list search recent posts

Sony Vegas and Davinci Resolve workflow with Neat Video

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
enrique bartolo
Sony Vegas and Davinci Resolve workflow with Neat Video
on Dec 7, 2015 at 8:55:02 am

Hi, is it possible to apply noise reduction on MTF video files on Sony Vegas Pro 13 and then later transferring the same files to Resolve for final grading/delivery?

The thing is that I only want to reduce noise on Sony Vegas using Neat Video because I only have Neat Video for Vegas but not for resolve and I want to transfer the files without losing any quality or at least not lose too much.

That's all, thanks.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Sony Vegas and Davinci Resolve workflow with Neat Video
on Dec 7, 2015 at 11:15:52 pm

Isn't Vegas using OFX? If that is the Neat version you have then it should also work in Resolve which is OFX. Otherwise you might have to bake in the denoise before exporting to Resolve

Return to posts index

enrique bartolo
on Dec 8, 2015 at 3:11:25 am

Unfortunately it's only a regular plug-in for vegas but yes I would need an OFX version for resolve but I don't have the OFX. So at this point I just need to know what kind of export/render I need to use to transfer my denoised video's or I'll just have to face the music and buy the OFX version :(

Return to posts index

Tero Ahlfors
on Dec 8, 2015 at 5:13:29 am

You need same plugins in both programs if you want to transfer plugin values. I'm still not sure if it would actually work in this case.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Dec 10, 2015 at 12:25:10 am

What is the codec of the original footage you are denoising? If it is raw then you might not want to bake in the noise reduction to a codec like ProRes or DNxHD as it prevents you access raw metadata during the grade.

Perhaps you might then grade and render out and put the finished grades back in Vegas to apply the NR post grade.

Return to posts index

enrique bartolo
on Dec 10, 2015 at 2:14:01 pm

The codec is AVCHD and the files are all MXF. I'm shooting with a Sony a7. If you know a good workflow from vegas to davinci that has NR before final color grading and delivery, then please explain it to me in steps if you can. Other than that I'll also be happy to see what other suggestions there are.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]