FORUMS: list search recent posts

Finding Stills In The Hidden Gallery Folder

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Williams
Finding Stills In The Hidden Gallery Folder
on Dec 1, 2015 at 2:04:26 pm

I am in need of some stills from a project that has been deleted. The project is over a year old and I believe the stills are still in the hidden gallery folder on an external hard drive.
After opening the gallery folder they are listed with letters and numbers. Can't seem to make any sense of the structure. If I have the date of the job and or name is there any way to locate just those files?
Thanks

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Finding Stills In The Hidden Gallery Folder
on Dec 3, 2015 at 4:48:48 am

I have never seen a way to retrieve stills in this way. I think a wiser move before any project is deleted is to save one still per shot (automatic), do that for every timeline, then export the DRP to an external drive as a "double-secret emergency backup." Once you've done all that and you're certain the project will never come back, delete the original and archive the backup. In extreme cases, I've exported all the stills to another drive and included the DRX files, just in case I had to manually restore the stills. It's been extremely rare that this has ever happened to me.

One ongoing issue for long-term backups: there's no guarantee that a 4 or 5-year-old backup will be retrievable. The basic parameters from (say) a Resolve 8 session might still work in Resolve 12, but I'd be nervous about trying it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]