FORUMS: list search recent posts

Raw + ProRes - Premiere to Resolve roundtrip?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Harris
Raw + ProRes - Premiere to Resolve roundtrip?
on Nov 30, 2015 at 10:16:19 pm

I recently bought a BMPCC and I took a trip to India with it. Due to only having one SD Card with me, I didn't have much chance to record Raw. Most of my clips are ProRes, but I do have some raw footage that I would like to use. I understand that for raw only, you have to do a round trip from Resolve to Premiere and then back to Resolve. What would be the best workflow to use both raw and prores? Should I just bring my raw and prores clips into resolve, export lower quality footage and bring in the XML file to resolve? But this seems like I will have too much footage proxies and will take too much space on my hard drives.

What would be the best workflow to work with both Raw and Prores from Premiere to Resolve.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
Re: Raw + ProRes - Premiere to Resolve roundtrip?
on Nov 30, 2015 at 11:48:31 pm

If you are editing in Pr or Resolve you can have both raw and ProRes in the one timeline. Not sure why you are talking about roundtripping unless you want to edit in Pr then grade in Resolve.

Either way both systems are OK with mixed codecs in the one timeline so if you have GPU processor and drive speed then you shouldn't need to create proxies.

Return to posts index

Michael Harris
on Dec 1, 2015 at 12:50:51 am

I'm sorry I wasn't clear, but yes, I would like to edit in premiere and color grade in resolve.

Return to posts index

Michael Gissing
on Dec 1, 2015 at 1:39:47 am

Then you should be able to use raw & prores in Pr and then xml to Resolve without needing proxies. A small test file might help to check that works with your setup

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]