FORUMS: list search recent posts

Rendering To A Blu-Ray Disc

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nathan Keast
Rendering To A Blu-Ray Disc
on Nov 19, 2015 at 9:05:27 pm

Hello,
I am trying to render from Da Vinci Resolve to a disc authoring program that only accepts .mpg and .avc files. I don't want the disc authoring program to recompress the files.

Is it possible to render in either one of these formats straight out of Da Vinci Resolve 12?

The source footage is 1920 x 1080, 29.97 fps in a .mov container, and I am trying to create a Blu Ray disc, 60i, in either .mpg or .avc format. I know my video editing program can transcode into .mpg or .avc, but I was trying to avoid that step if at all possible. I want to be able to use Da Vinci Resolve as my finishing application.

Any help or guidance is much appreciated.

Return to posts index

Glenn Sakatch
Re: Rendering To A Blu-Ray Disc
on Nov 20, 2015 at 2:26:43 pm

The recompressing is inevitable if you are going to disc.
Just output a nice, high quality video from Resolve and let your DVD program drop it down to what it needs. You are not losing quality, and you gain a master that can be reconverted to anything else you need.

Glenn

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: Rendering To A Blu-Ray Disc
on Nov 20, 2015 at 11:15:56 pm

The other deal is that the element stream that your disc authoring application wants may be re-processed anyway, if it is not specifically aimed at being a picture or sound codec for that purpose; for example, an m2v or 264 transport.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]