FORUMS: list search recent posts

Conform timecode conflict

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Razvan Dimitriu
Conform timecode conflict
on Nov 17, 2015 at 11:42:59 am

The client handed me BMCC raw DNG footage and the XML exported from Premiere CC. He did the editing on dailies generated with Resolve.
After conform, most of the clips in the Edit page show up with a "!"conflict sign. As the project had several days of shooting and the camera timecode was set to time of day, there are obviously a lot of timecode duplicates.
There's no Reel name in the clip metadata, so all I have is the timecode and the actual file names, which seem to be unique - eg. Blackmagic Cinema Camera_1_2015-02-01_1059_C0000_000004. So they have the shoot date and some other random numbers.
Is there a way to use the file names and timecode to get a clean conform?

Colorist, Online Editor
http://retinastudio.ro/

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
Re: Conform timecode conflict
on Nov 18, 2015 at 4:58:26 am

If the Reel Names are empty, you can try changing the Attributes so that the default Reel Name is taken from the File Name:

Reconform and see if now all the correct clips are found. And do yourself a favor and beat the editor senseless for not using Reel Names to begin with. The conform section of the Resolve manual is critical knowledge.

Return to posts index

Razvan Dimitriu
Re: Conform timecode conflict
on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:53:56 pm
Last Edited By Razvan Dimitriu on Nov 18, 2015 at 2:54:25 pm

Thank you Marc,

I think I've tried them all. It still won't conform properly.

I'll have the editor export separate XML files for every sequence, considering that most sequences were shot during a single day.
So he'll hand me let's say Sequence #2 that was shot during day 1. At conform, I'm going to import the XML and point to the folder "day 1" in the Media Pool. At least we won't have any timecode conflicts this way.
We'll make a test tonight and see if it works.

Colorist, Online Editor
http://retinastudio.ro/

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]