FORUMS: list search recent posts

davinci horizontal distortion lines

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stephen Franciosa
davinci horizontal distortion lines
on Nov 11, 2015 at 6:40:55 pm

Getting these distortion lines running out a job from davinici 11.3.1 off my Mac Pro 12-core. Let the computer shut down over night cause I thought it was getting to hot. Same issue in the morning.

Return to posts index

Joseph Owens
Re: davinci horizontal distortion lines
on Nov 11, 2015 at 10:22:10 pm

Try lowering the rendering speed. The GPU might not be getting source data quickly enough.

jPo

"I always pass on free advice -- its never of any use to me" Oscar Wilde.

Return to posts index

Marc Wielage
on Nov 13, 2015 at 2:55:31 pm

I use iStat and MagicMenu to keep track of internal machine temperature and the CPU/GPU load. If you avoid rendering until the machine is below 100 degrees, it can generally get a reasonable way through it before the glitches start -- on my specific machine. I'm also running external fans and using iStat to turn the internal fan on max.

Very heavy workloads, like 4K with TNR and blur modes, prevent me from doing more than about 10 minutes at a time, sometimes less. This forces me to render out in chunks and then reassemble them later on. HD is rarely a problem. The glitches typically happen when the machine goes past 133-134 degrees, but it's sometimes unpredictable. I find it helps to have zero background activity other than Resolve running.

This is under OSX 10.10.3 and Resolve 12.1. If OSX 10.11 solves the problem, I'll consider upgrading.

Return to posts index

Stephen Franciosa
on Nov 17, 2015 at 8:34:46 pm

Thanks guys. It seems one of my graphics cards is on its way out though.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]