FORUMS: list search recent posts

PLEASE! Premiere to Davinci round trip

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Lal
PLEASE! Premiere to Davinci round trip
on Nov 11, 2015 at 2:43:05 am

I'm a novice so i don't understand the software all that much. I created the rough cut of my video project, all ready for color grading, so i remove all effects and transitions because i know davinci doesn't handle those well, and i export an xml file. I import the file into davinci and there's no problem.

I start color grading each clip, and once im done i export as round trip. after it's done rendering i open the sequence in premiere pro, and the timeline is there but all the media is offline. I've been trying to find a solution for this for about 4 hours now, my brain is completely fried. One post said uncheck "load source clips automatically" when i first import the timeline, that did not work. Then i tried relinking the media one by one in premiere pro to the source footage before dragging the sequence out to the timeline, that did not work as well.

Timeline framerate is same as footage, file type is .mov, ive tried changing the Video Format settings from Quicktime to MXF in the export render settings, don't really know what that does but i saw it on a post, that did not work. i didn't alter any other settings. I've exported about 20 sequences, and saved about 20 premiere projects of this so that every time i try something new im doing it on a separate file, but nothing works. Footage always has that Question Mark icon next to it. I watched a youtube video and followed it step by step, and when he gets the graded footage into premiere, i get a timeline with offline media.

If anyone knows how i can get my graded footage back into premiere please help!!!!!

Return to posts index

Geoff Johnston
Re: PLEASE! Premiere to Davinci round trip
on Nov 11, 2015 at 5:45:44 pm

Here's a good tutorial that taught me everything I needed about round trips from Resolve to Premiere Pro. You have to export proxy files from Resolve for editing in Premiere, and then you export an XML file from Premiere which is essentially your sequence that you can import back in to Resolve. The main issue with this workflow is that you can't use any effects, time changes or transitions in Premiere as Resolve doesn't recognize them, so your only options are to cut your clips and sort them on your timeline.

Just make sure that you set all your setting like in the video and you should be fine.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]