FORUMS: list search recent posts

"Use Render Cached Images" option not working in Resolve 11 with OFX plugins?

COW Forums : DaVinci Resolve

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mel Matsuoka
"Use Render Cached Images" option not working in Resolve 11 with OFX plugins?
on Oct 29, 2015 at 10:11:20 pm

I'm trying to render a bunch of graded 4K R3D footage with the "Render at Source Resolution" and "Use Render Cached Images" options enabled in the delivery page, but when I try to render certain clips (to ProRes HQ), the render performance drops to an abysmal 1 fps.

My working timeline is set to 1080p23.98, and have Source Clip caching enabled on all R3D clips (using ProRes 4444 as the caching format). I'm working in a 1080p timeline for performance and monitoring purposes, but want to render all the graded clips at their original source resolutions.

I've isolated the issue to clips that have an instance of Neat Video Pro 4.0.9 applied in the node tree, with Node Caching enabled. When I turn off the Neat Video node, the render performance is fine. But when it's on--even with node and clip caching enabled--the render performance turns into molasses, even with the "Use Render Cached Images" option enabled.

I checked the manual, and I don't see any special-case reasons mentioned why the Node Cache would be ignored upon rendering.

Is there anything I'm missing here, or is this just an R11 bug?

Resolve 11.3.1.018 on Mac OS X 10.9.5 (MacPro5,1 w/64 GB RAM and Dual 6GB GTX780's)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]